The First Worl d Conference on Women commenced in Mexico City,1975, Second World Conference on Women,Copenhagen,1980, Third World Conference on Women,Nairobi,1985 and Fourth World Congress on Women,Beijing,1995 are called upon to take Strategic objectives and action in the following critical areas of concern:
- The persistent and increasing burden of poverty on women
- inequalities and inadequacies in and unequal access to education and training
- Inequalities and inadequacies in and unequal access to health care and related services
- violence against women
- The effects of armed or other kinds of conflict on women, including those living under foreign occupation
- inequality in economic structures and policies, in all form of productive activities and in access to resources
- Inequality between men and women in the sharing of power and decision making at all levels
- Lack of respect for and inadequate promotion and protection of the human rights of women
- Stereotyping of women and inequality in women's access to and participation in all communications systems, especially in the media
- Gender inequalities in the management of natural resources and in the safeguarding of the environment.
- Persistent discrimination against and violation of the rights of the girl child.